Monday, June 20, 2011

My Dad Was Not Pleased.......

So, I finally told my dad about my engagement and I didn't get the best response. I never had the best relationship with my father but I would assume that he would be happy for me. He was continuously asking questions such as, "Do you know what love is?" and "Are you sure?" I was really offended because I have been with my fiance for two years, so its not like we just met each other and decided to get married. There was one time in the conversation where I had to stop the negativity and defend my choice.

After that he said "If you're happy," which seemed like a jab in my eyes. I'm not going to let this get me down. I will continue to plan my wedding.

Have you had to experience negativity when you announced your engagement? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...