Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Help Me! My Fiance Has No Idea What It Takes to Plan a Wedding

Hey guys!! Sorry for  being an absentee blogger and I don't want to give excuses but I was very busy and I wanted to dedicate some time to write a blog post and tell you what's new; I just didn't have the time until today. Anyway, I hope everyone had a wonderful fourth of July weekend. Ok guys, let's get down to the nitty gritty.....
I had a very frustrating conversation with the husband to be; he thinks that we can plan a wedding a few months before the actual event. He has no concept of the time it would take to research vendors, centerpieces, flowers, dresses and the small things. The craziest thing he said to me this weekend when we were discussing the caterer was, "We can book the caterer three to four months before the wedding." WHAT????? I could not believe what I was hearing. Even though I love him very much and I can't wait to marry him; sometimes I wonder about him.
In order to get through that brick wall of his, I had to show him my larger than life wedding binder. Yes, I have a wedding binder! The binder contains every checklist and worksheet you can possibly have for a wedding. This is my perfect, slightly bloated wedding binder:




Excuse the poor cellphone photo

And the inside:





After carefully looking at the "wedding planning timeline," the Mr. realized everything we had to do (or at least I think he did). I think I consider this a win for me :). Here's to hoping that he stops looking at me crazing when I start talking about invitations, flowers and all that jazz.
Are you having a hard time getting through to your fiance?

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed this post. Maybe if you give your fiance a wedding task to complete, he may put more importance on the deadlines that you guys have to meet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting and thanks for the advice!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...