Sunday, July 24, 2011

We've Set a Date!

Okay, so I have to be honest; I set the date a long time ago, even before the official engagement happened. In 2009, we were discussing potentially getting married one day and the perfect time to do it. I have never told my fiance this but I always wanted the wedding to occur in 2012. Before I was engaged I signed up on theknot.com and put a potential wedding date on my profile (of course my profile was private at the time). Now that we are officially engaged, I can finally set the official date. The wedding will occur September of 2012.
That is a little more than a year from now and since I'm not aggressively planning; this is the perfect time to brainstorm ideas and figure out exactly what I want, so the wedding can be a success. However, I have to book the venue this year because I know venues get booked up quickly (more on the venue search coming soon).
I chose September of 2012 for many reasons:

  • It gives me plenty enough time to plan a fabulous wedding.
  • My guests will not have an excuse to miss my wedding because they will know way in advance (some of my relatives are procrastinators but I love them).
  • The end of 2012 is the time where the Mr. and I have the most free time. Too much is happening at the beginning of the year for us so September just seemed like the most logical idea.
  • We will still have summer weather but it won't be too hot where I will be sweating in my wedding dress. :)
  • The time frame gives us the perfect opportunity to save money and make a "wedding weekend" out of this thing. :)

What was your rationale when you were setting the date for your wedding?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...