Sunday, April 24, 2011

The 20-Something Bride

* Posted on February 4, 2011 on my other blog, Manhattan Writers Block.
Courtesy of Morguefile


So, I previously revealed that I am engaged. This exciting information is now moving its way amongst my family and friends (and some of my mom's friends). For the most part I am getting a lot of well wishes and congratulations but there are those who are shocked that I would think about getting married in my 20s. 

I am 24 years old and until now I didn't realize that my age would be a problem. There are people in my circle who are wondering why I would want to miss out on the greatest part of my young life by getting married. Their comments have certainly disturbed me because quite frankly, its no one's business. Some of it has made me laugh because the same people who are criticizing my choice are not married. I guess everyone must put their two cents in, even though I didn't ask for it. 

So, do you feel my struggle? Have you ever had to endure negative comments from family and friends?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...